- Throw out nonessential numbers. This includes age, weight, height, and your cholesterol level. Let the doctor worry about them. That is why you pay him/her.
- Cherish your health. If it is good, preserve it. If it is unstable, improve it. If it is beyond what you can improve, get help. Preventive Maintenance pays for itself. People eat too much of the wrong food and, therefore, support doctors. Avoid all sugar, soda and diet soda. Drink more water and less beer and wine. Eat real foods, not from boxes or cans. Be your own guide. The real doctor is from within.
- Keep cheerful friends and companions. Surround yourself with who and what you love: family, pets, music, plants, or whatever. Control stress level and escape from dead end relationships and dead end jobs.
- Enjoy the simple things. In the long run, we are all dead. The history of Humans is the history of Humans’ errors. To be human means to make mistakes. Don’t sweat over little stuff.
- Laugh often, long and loud. Laugh until you gasp for breath.
- Tears happen. Endure, grieve, and move on. Stuff happens in life everyday. Look up, don’t look down.
- Think of those people on the Titanic who declined their favorite dessert that fateful night and worried about their appearance or weight. Enjoy every moment of life. Don’t refuse your dessert as long as you don’t overdo it. Dessert comes in many forms. It does not have to be fattening!
- Don’t take guilt trips. Take a trip to wherever you want to go but don’t go where the guilt is. Guilt trips are too expensive for you to afford. Skip the Freudian trip.
- Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but the moments that take our breath away. Enjoy the beauty in the people and places around you in everyday life.
- It is okay to pray and ask for help from the higher being. Science only deals with the relative Truth. Spirituality deals with the Truth.
“God is dead, said Nietzsche”
“Nietzsche is dead, said God”